1. Admit it — don’t you miss the Wake Forest games of old instead of these lopsided drubbings the Seminoles have been laying on the Deacs lately? Like say the games of around 2006? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!! There is no amount of pummeling of that team that can make up for 2006.
2. And speaking of 2006, that would be the last time the Deacons have scored a TD of any kind at Doak. May that trend continue for a looooooooooooong time. Why? Because there is no amount of pummeling of that team that can make up for 2006.
3. With a grand total of minus twenty six yards rushing in the first half, I wonder if at intermission the topic of running the ball better came up in the Deacons’ locker room?
4. After WF LB Marquel Lee was shaken up in tackling Jameis Winston en route to an 11 yard gain, Dave Doeren immediately announced Lee was faking the injury to intentionally slow down his Wolfpack offense. If anything I’d say Clemson had a tad more to do with that.
5. Sometimes you have to wonder what game our beloved Gene Deckerhoff is watching as he complemented the pass protection Winston was getting from his OL on the play. This as Winston was being sacked for a five yard loss on that particular play.
6. For those persons putting their funds in short term investments (for recreational purposes only), I’m guessing that last FG by FSU did not sit well with those investing in WF and taking the points.
7. And speaking of Roberto Aguayo, come on man!!! You kick off the ball OB after that FG?!?!?! We just frankly need another kicker. No doubt about it. So what if he was five of five in FG attempts with the highlight being a 52-yarder, and still perfect on PATs in his career adding three more to his total. We just need some consistency in that position. On second thought ………
8. Did I mention that there is no amount of pummeling WF that can make up for 2006?
9. Happy 50th to Jimbo. And we are not talking about birthdays.
10. FSU’s own AD Stan Wilcox in talking about the overwhelming success of the Seminoles’ fall sports this year to date (now 31-1, come on, soccer, hold up your end will you please), Wilcox also mentioned how well the cross country teams are “playing”. Now having run cross country myself, I would have to say that running what seemed like miles and miles and miles … and miles …. that felt like forever only to end up right back in the same spot you began this self inflicted abuse often followed by finding a secluded spot to …. how can I delicately put this … barf my guts out …. hardly seemed like “playing” to me.
Bonus Disruptively Random and Disturbingly Meaningless Thoughts
11. Apparently there is an addition to the definition of absolutes to be included to the old axiom of death and taxes. Tennessee losing to the gatros (their ….) aka crocs of XXVI. What is that now …. ten in a row? After that many I think that qualifies for inclusion.
12. There is a reason Trevor Knight did not exactly have the best of days throwing the ball (14-35) despite racking up over 300 yards in the air. He was much too distracted by Katy Perry’s invitation on ESPN’s gameday to call her up sometime. Hey, I know it if was me, I know would be. Come to think of it, I imagine so would a large number of red blooded males.
13. Prior to the game, a Syracuse beat writer listed five things to watch in the Orange’s game against Louisville Friday night. Having watched the game and without reading that list I am thinking watching the Syracuse offense was NOT one of those five.
14. You be the coach. There is only 1:12 left in the half. Your team is getting trampled 31-10 on the road. You are backed up deep in your own territory with 93 yards to reach the end zone heading into a 20 mph wind. As coach, you do what? Why of course, have your QB drop back, stare down his target and throw it directly to a LB dropping back into coverage and one play later your team is now down 38-10. If that was your strategy, you and Randy Edsall can commiserate together.
15. Is there some particular reason that Miami borrowed FAMU’s uniforms for their game against GT Saturday night?